Good morning Y’all and a very happy Friday! Even though logically I know it is not possible, it feels like the weeks are getting longer. I had expectations for myself for this week, but those expectations were unfortunately not met. I told y’all in the beginning of the week I was going to try to increase my work hours from 6 hours daily to 7, but I was not able to. I also said I would not be hard on myself if I did not achieve this goal, which is a little untrue. As y’all know I have been struggling with a lot of spasticity in my legs, which is causing a massive amount of pain. I tried to push myself further so I could work 7 hours, but the most I was able to do was 6.5 hours. All I can say is, better luck next week because you know I will keep trying until I achieve my goal!
How was your week? Do you feel like the weeks are getting longer or is it all in my head? I think my week might have felt longer because I wanted so much to work longer hours and I was having so much pain! Frustration was definitely at a high!
I am trying to make an important decision about whether I should or should not get another MRI. The only reason why my specialist sent the order in was because I have been back on the Gilenya for 6 months and they want to see if it is helping my illness. Until I mentioned that I was on Gilenya for 6 years previously they did not seem to have any idea and now it might not even be necessary. It is a little disturbing to me that my specialist did not know or remember that I was on Gilenya for so many years prior to October. When she first told me I needed to have the MRI, I thought it was to see if the new active lesions from the October MRI had went into remission or if there were new lesions, I did not know she was ordering this because of the 6 month time line due to restarting the Gilenya! If I am being 100% honest, the only reason I would want this MRI done is to see if there are new active lesions causing all this spasticity and pain. But all the MRI will do is cause me a lot of unnecessary stress and in turn upset me way too much, which we all know the damage being upset will cause. I mean seriously, if all is well with the MRI the specialist will say I am doing well with the Gilenya but, if there is any activity on the scan she might say the Gilenya is not strong enough for me and I need to consider starting a different medication. The bottom line is I am NOT switching medications again until there is a cure because the Gilenya worked SO well for me for 6 long years and if the MS has progressed to Secondary, Gilenya is still used to treat the illness. Do you think I am being logical or irrational with my thought process?
I really appreciate you taking the time to visit my site today and I am really looking forward to your comments, which you know I will always respond to as soon as I possibly can! I hope y’all have a fantastic Friday and I also hope you are feeling well! Please never forget that I am always sending y’all positive vibes and lots of love and comfort!