Another year has passed us by again and we are ready to embark on a brand new year. I went into 2019 with high hopes for a better year, but unfortunately, it felt like a repeat of 2017 and 2018 with no noticeable changes. Although the logical part of my brain gets over-run by the illogical part, I would like to believe that no change is far better than dealing with any negative changes.
As I think back on how fast the previous years went by, I feel 2019 went by at supersonic speed! I am a firm believer that everything in life happens for a reason, even if we have to dig a little deeper to identify those reasons. All that we face in life happens exactly when it is supposed to and hold valuable lessons.
At the end of 2019, I would like to ask y’all a few questions! I think this will be a fun and interesting way to end the year and discover ways for better years to come! I do look forward to reading your answers and to be fair, I am going to answer the same questions I asked you to!
What were the three best things that occurred during 2019?
- I was able to build up the courage and strength to leave a job that brought me nothing but misery before having another.
- Even with changes in jobs/schedules, I have still managed to find the time to continue blogging as much as I can.
- After being in an accident (obviously not a good thing), I was able to purchase the car I had wanted! It wasn’t lucky to be in an accident that totaled my car, but I was fortunate enough to find exactly what I wanted.
If it were possible, what are three things you would change about 2019?
- After my husband and I moved, I was supposed to have found a new neurologist so I would not have to drive 2 hours to my old one. It has been over a year and I still haven’t made an appointment with a new one. I
- I know there is not much I can do about this, but I do wish I could change and end all the senseless hatred that has built up in my country, which is causing way too many mass shootings. It is downright insanity when you have to fear a possible gunman being at the grocery store or that latest issue at a church.
- If I could change all the dishonesty and corruption in politics, I would and it would possibly bring back democracy.
What are the three worse things that happened in 2019?
- During 2019 I had my first accident and it totaled my poor car. The accident was not my fault, but it scared the heck out of me. I am pretty sure as scared as I was; the young kid that hit my car was twice as scared when I got out of my car yelling as I have never yelled before, especially at a young kid (well he was 17 so I am sure has heard worse)!
- 2019 was the first time in a long time I had to go without insurance. Going without insurance and having a chronic illness living in the United States can be dangerous.
- Another thing that occurred in 2019 is, mass murders were happening so frequently it became normal to see on TV. Even though I saw it all happen through the news, I can’t for the life of me understand why murders were the only way to deal with differences. It is never going to be acceptable to me.
What are the three accomplishments you had during 2019?
- After walking away from one job I hated, I was able to quickly find something else that will hopefully be easier on my health.
- I have taken the steps needed to achieve something I am passionate about, which is trying my hand in freelance writing. Honestly, I still have more to do with getting started, but I plan to have things going further within the month of January.
- I have built many friendships in the blogging community that I will cherish forever and look forward to many more in the years to come!
Based on what you learned over the past year, what are the three goals you have for 2020? I decided to ask about goals instead of New Year’s Resolutions. I think resolutions put too much stress and expectations on us!
- I have always been extremely hard on myself. I have always been my biggest critic of everything I do. One of my goals is to stop being so hard on myself and quit second-guessing myself.
- Another goal I have is to build on my writing skills and start a freelance career.
- One of my greatest struggles is that I stress about everything. A continued amount of stress causes my health to deteriorate and what good is that doing anyone? I want to focus on relaxing a lot more and stressing a lot less.
Thank you so much for visiting my site today. I am looking forward to reading your answers to the five questions I have asked. I will admit, it took me a while to complete because I had to put a lot of thought into each question.
Happy New Year to all of you! I wish for y’all to have an amazing 2020 and all your dreams come true. I am looking forward to another year of getting to know y’all and building fabulous friendships! As always, please never forget that I am always sending y’all LOTS of love , comfort, and many positive vibes!