Over the past few years it has been obvious that while some people still understand and appreciate love, far too many others can’t seem to comprehend the meaning. I can’t imagine I am alone by thinking love isn’t something we should ever ignore or take for granted. Love impacts all of our lives in many different ways, but personally, I will never leave the house without telling my husband I love him.
Love is an intense feeling of deep affection. Love is also a powerful word that should not be taken lightly and should not be used unless it is meant. Love should not be abused or neglected. Love should be unconditional without limitations or stipulations. When you truly love another person, you should trust that person without any reservations.
Real true love includes respect, appreciation, thoughtfulness, admiration, and never causing your partner emotional distress, humiliation or any form of abuse. True love is rare, but can be found once in our lifetime and when it happens will provide a strong and lasting fondness between two dedication individuals. This means a couple could be married 50 years and are still passionate and care deeply for one another.
Love has several health benefits for all human beings that include:
- Fewer Doctor’s visits-
The Health and Human Services Department discovered in one study that married people have less visits to a doctor’s office and on average shorter hospital stays.
There is another theory that believes those in a good and healthy relationship take better care of themselves.
- Reduction in depression and substance abuse-
The Health and Human Service Department reported, getting and staying married reduces the amounts of depression for both men and women. This can be due to the fact social isolation causes higher rates of depression.
- Lower Blood Pressure-
In a study performed in the Annals of Behavioral Medicine, it was discovered that people happily married had the best blood pressure results, with single people coming in second.
- Less Anxiety-
Researchers at the State University of New York used functional MRI scans to view the brains of people in love. After comparing passionate new couples and long-term couple, both of the groups showed activation in the parts of the brain associated with intense love.
- Natural Pain Control-
In a study with more than 127,000 married adults, they were less likely to have headaches and back pain.
- Better Stress Management-
There is evidence that links social support and stress management.
- Fewer Colds-
Loving relationships have indicated an immune system boosts, so individuals are less likely to become sick. Research performed at Carnegie Mellon University found that people the displayed positive emotions were less likely to become sick if exposed to cold and flu viruses.
- Heal Faster-
Researchers at Ohio State University Medical Center gave married couples blister wounds. These wounds healed almost twice as fast with the couples that interacted lovingly compared to those that were hostile with one another.
- Longer Life-
When using a study from the National Health Interview Survey, researchers discovered that people that were never married were 58% more likely to die than those that are married.
- Happier Life-
A study in the Journal of Family Psychology showed happiness depended more on the quality of family relationships, rather than the levels of income.
I never knew how many different types of love there are and wanted to take a moment to share this information with you.
- Eros related to passionate love and is also known as romantic love. It is worth keeping expectations lower and not get too carried away because it could become an unhealthy kind of love.
- Philia is less romantic love and more the kind of love felt for sibling or good friends.
- Storge is more like Philia, relating to the unconditional way parents love their children.
- Agape love is something we seek, rather than something we may already feel. It refers to a state of peace that we are all-loving. This is a community state of love.
- Pragma type of love might seem sad at first, but it is something most of us will experience at some point in life. This is a love formed from a need to make things work.
- Philautia is a common type of love, known for self-love. It can help us grown. This form of love can give a false sense of self and become more narcissistic and self-destructive.
- Ludus is a playful type of love with no commitments involved. This form of love can have parts similar to flirting, to casual and fun rather than anything long-term.
I hope you enjoyed this post about love. I think love is something that we all need in life and it can even make us stronger. What do you think? Do you feel love is something of necessity in life and it could be hard to live without? I do look forward to reading your views and I will respond as quickly as I can!
Thank you for visiting my site today. I hope your week is going well and you are feeling the best you can. I also hope y’all are staying safe and continuing to practice social distancing. Despite what anyone in Washington may say, we are not out of the woods with this virus yet. It is better to be safe than sorry. Please never forget that I am always sending y’all LOTS of love , comfort, and many positive vibes!