There is a very good chance I lost count of how many days we have been under what feels like home lockdown and social distancing due to COVID-19 pandemic. So many of us are in areas where those that are in charge have implemented a “Stay at home” order, which means do not leave your house unless it is necessary. Never in a million years could I have imagined people are being advised to not go to work, school, or even church due to risks of the spread of COVID-19.
I cannot just sit around the house doing nothing. It is challenging for me to not be productive or be able to go to the grocery store. Considering how much I detest grocery shopping, I should be thankful for the fact going to the grocery store is not an option for me. I hate being told what I can and can’t do and I might have some very mild control issues. (I know my husband would be laughing about this right now, so I am not showing him!)
To keep what sanity I do have and remain in a good mindset, I have been thinking of things to pass the time and how to view home confinement as a positive thing. I am going to share some ideas I have thought of and encourage you to let me know what you thought of this information and share any ideas you have to get through all this mess.
- Remember when you were a child and how much fun you had putting a jigsaw puzzle together. Enjoy while you reminisce about the excitement you experience when you completed your masterpiece.
- Have a little fun and give yourself a manicure and pedicure. It might not be as great as when someone else does it for you, but your nails and toes will be pretty.
- Choose an interesting podcast to listen to. There are millions of podcasts to listen to and there’s bound to be something you will enthrall. The link I am sharing will take you to many different podcasts you can check out. https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/saving-and-budgeting/articles/best-personal-finance-podcasts-to-listen-to
- Teach yourself a foreign language. There are many apps you can download, which will be very helpful for learning a new language. The link I have shared will take you to a list of great websites that will help you learn whatever language you desire. https://www.lingualift.com/blog/best-language-learning-apps/
- Write a letter to a friend or family member to let them know you are thinking about them. Or, think about a time when someone did something nice for you and even went out of their way to help you. Write this person a warmhearted letter acknowledging what they did and why you are appreciative. This caring letter will make the other person surprised and overjoyed.
- Over the years have you accumulated insane amounts of Tupperware? I will tell you that I have accumulated a lot! Organizing where your Tupperware is store by size and matching the lids, which will serve you well in several aspects. One, being organizing will help the massive clutter. It is true performing something like this, will give your mind a break from the COVID-19 stress.
- Now is a great time to go through your closet and determine what you will wear again and those you will never wear. Many of these items could be given away to help someone in critical need. We are now helping someone else and clearing space I nm closet I know this will sound crazy, but that’s okay! I enjoy organizing my closet and tend to have it in order by color, like from light to dark A little insane, right?
- We all have at least one drawer where we throw things because they do not have a designated home. Going through this drawer and either throwing things away or putting them where they need to be will help with decluttering our mind.
- Knitting and crocheting can be very relaxing. If you do not know how to either crochet or knit, watch a few YouTube videos to learn how!
- Coloring is no longer for kids only. There are many great adult coloring books available and if you do not have one coloring page, pictures are available online to print and then color!
- Maybe it is just me, but I have a ton of makeup I have not used in years and really need to let some products out of the house. We can go through our makeup drawer and decide which products will not be used anymore and ones that will continue being used.
- As silly as this may sound, reorganize your dresser drawers. You know there is at least one thing you can’t even remember the last time you wore or used, so it might be time for donating!
- Discover new music! YouTube offers many music videos for a wide range of songs. Any type of music you enjoy, you can watch the video, plus Pandora and Spotify will give you more great music to uncover.
- Do something silly, like attempt writing with your non-dominated hand and laugh at how awful it looks. You can try training yourself to write with your non-dominate hand which might be frustrating, but could be interesting!
- This is a great time to catch up on the sleep we have been deprived of. We can enjoy the time we do not have anywhere to be and there is no rushing around.
Thank you so much for visiting my site today. I hope the information I have provided will be beneficial to you while we are in difficult times. I am excited to read what you think about my ideas and even more excited to read your suggestions. Of course, we do not know how long we will be in this situation, but we can make the most of a difficult time by working together. Please never forget that I am always sending y’all LOTS of love , comfort, and many positive vibes!