Let’s have an open and honest discussion about something that is very important to all of us! What do you do when there are several things you either want to do or need to do, but your body is screaming for you to stop and rest? Do you try your best to ignore pleads from your overworked and weary body and keep going on? Or do you take a step back and listen to what your body is begging you for? Honestly, even though I know it would be best to rest, I tend to push myself not to stop or even slow down at all.
Considering I do want to start making positive changes in my life, I wanted to find out how beneficial restful alone time can be for a person. This is going so sound a little crazy, but I almost felt like this information was granting me permission to have my pleasant alone time and not feel guilty or selfish for doing so.
Unfortunately, finding peace in the world today isn’t an easy task to take on and can exhausting
to try. We see so much hatred and negativity every single day and that is SO WRONG! Even with that said, I do still believe, although it may only be short lived, there are minor things we can do for peace and comfort. I am going to list a few benefits to having your own personal and quit alone time!
- Alone time gives you the opportunity to unwind and reboot your brain. If your brain is constantly turned “ON”, you are not giving your brain a chance to replenish itself. Time alone with no distractions allows for you to clear your mind, focus, and think a lot more clearly than before. This gives you the chance to revitalize both you mind and body!
- Alone time can help improve concentration skills and even increase your productivity. If we can remove distractions and interruption from our lives the best we can, our concentration abilities will improve, which will help you get more work done, is less the time. Spending time by yourself gives you time to discover who you are and to hear your voice. When you are in a group with other people, you tend to just go along with whatever others said, even if it isn’t the action you think would be best.
- You will have an opportunity to think far deeper if you are left alone with your thoughts, rather than in a group. On a normal day we are thinking or stressing about what our to-do list entails. Try to take short periods of time to sit alone and allow your thoughts to come alive!
- It is often difficult to work through our troubles when we are surrounded with interruptions from either other humans or electronics. We do have a better chance to solve our problems if we take time and process things alone.
- Spending time alone can improve your relationships. If you have spent time by yourself, you will have a better understanding of who you are and who you want to surround yourself with. Once you spent time alone, you will be able to appreciate your relationships with more love and honesty.
- Alone time creates a space for creativity to grow and expand! Spending time alone allows your mind to wander candidly activating the brain’s default mode network that is responsible for most original thoughts and ideas.
- Spending time alone increases self-sufficiency. This gives you the chance to self-reflect and even become comfortable with who you are. You will also be motivated to form your own opinions, free from judgment and criticism from others.
I hope you have found this information as interesting and helpful as I did. I believe all of us should be learning more and evolving. I really appreciate you taking time to read this. I am not pushing you make a comment, but I would really like to encourage you to do so. I look forward to reading your thoughts because all of you are pretty great. I hope your weekend has been full of happy time and pain free! Please always remember that I am always sending y’all LOTS of love , comfort, and many positive vibes!
P.S I hope everything came out okay with this post, WP was giving me troubles this evening